We love a good birth story so give us the details on kokoso..
How has your life changed since having kids
How do you find inspiration to continue to develop kokoso?
What would be your biggest piece of advice to any mum launching a brand?
Don’t wait for ‘perfect’ to launch. Yes, the quality of your actual product is key. But when it comes to your website, labelling or branding, these are things that can devolve as you get to know who you are as a business. The important thing is to get the product out there and gain useful feedback from real people. This is exactly what we did, and our packaging and brand have changed quite a lot since launching in 2014. Even our logo has been tweaked to look more coconutty!
Give us your 5 must-have mum products (beauty or whatever)?
- 1. Our Natural Konjac Sponge – I’m so glad this was chosen for the Oh Mumma box as it’s an amazing natural sponge for both mum and baby. Try it with your favourite face wash tonight to gently cleanse away the day, you won’t regret it! Konjac contains natural antioxidant properties and helps to balance pH levels, leaving your skin feeling naturally moisturised as if it’s had a mini facial.
- Kokoso Baby Organic Coconut Oil – Our multi-tasking wonder oil is definitely not just for babies. Try it as a make-up remover & cleanser, eye cream, hand & nail oil, all over body moisturiser, pregnancy tummy balm, soothing nipple treatment, natural deodorant, after sun, overnight hair mask, lip balm and more. It’s the ultimate must- have for your skincare and beauty regime!
- Mama Designs Bamboo Breast Pads – These are re-usable, washable breast pads that are better for the environment and your skin. Not only are they super soft but they stay at body temperature when wet, unlike disposables ones that get cold and uncomfortable.
- Baby Nails by The Thumble – Sooo much safer than nail clippers, this is a wearable nail file you pop on your thumb to safely file down your baby’s nails while they sleep. A genius idea invented by a mum, like all the best products!
- The Allergy Badge – If your child has allergies, this is a really lovely way of letting the world know without making them feel ‘different’. The Allergy Badge make bold, colourful slogan T-shirts, enamel badges and stickers that your child will actually want to wear, whilst keeping their allergies front of mind for everyone else.